How we thank God for all of this! He makes us winners because of Jesus Christ our Lord.
1 Corinthians 15:57, Simplified Living Bible
Kia Ora Families and Whanau
We hope you are all coping out there in the “West Otago Winter”!!
The cough, cold and flu season is certainly having its effect on the community. We do appreciate you keeping your children at home when they are unwell, for their sake and to help maintain the wellbeing of the other children and teachers here at the Centre. Thank you.
With regards to staffing, Michelle is on annual leave for a couple of weeks and Sally will be away for five weeks supporting her husband during the calving season. It is great to have Maree Lapthorne, Marilyn McKenzie and Cally Johnstone fill these gaps to maintain learning and care for the children.
Do read on for some friendly reminders, thank yous and events.
Ka Kite, Denise (Head Teacher), Josanne, Michelle, Alison, Nicky, Sally, Fiona and Kay (Teachers) and Kath (Administrator)
This popular “just for fun” annual event, where we can all come to KidzWay in our PJs, is happening again on Tuesday 20, Wednesday 21 and Thursday 22 August (next week!). Please bring along your child’s NAMED sleeping bag and soft toy for them to snuggle down with while watching a movie, plus day clothes should they wish to get changed later in the day. Also if you have any short child-appropriate movies, please bring them along too.
In keeping with our sustainable practices, KidzWay is a Glad Wrap Free Centre. Please help by considering the following suggestions:
· using baking/grease-proof paper (approx $2.00 a roll) or beeswax reusable wrappers
· buying 1 litre containers of yoghurt and putting this into re-sealable containers for lunchboxes, therefore minimizing plastic waste
· checking out the Kai Carrier options in the foyer
· compartment lunch boxes are a great option as they require no wrappers
Please also send along a suitable named waterproof bag (such as the ‘wet bags’ we have available to purchase) each day in your child's bag for teachers to use in the event that your child has wet or soiled clothes to send home.
Thanks for helping us reduce, reuse and recycle as we teach the children about sustainable practices.
Friendly Reminders – thanks for your attention to these
· Signing Your Child IN and OUT: This is a licensing requirement which Kath needs to ensure is done, and is also necessary for Health and Safety as the roll identifies who is present in the Centre for the day and who we need to account for in emergencies.
· Jackets and Hats: Please ensure that your child has a hat and coat each day and these are hung on their hook.
· Learning Stories – Parent Comments: Please continue to fill these in or add your own thoughts/insights to any stories – they help us in planning for your child and affirming your child’s learning.
· Spare Boys Trousers: We are running low on these; please check your laundry basket! Or if you have any spares you could give to the Centre, we would appreciate them.
· Immunisation Records: If your child has had their four-year-old immunisations since turning four, please bring in their Immunisation Certificate so our records can be updated.
Thank you Thank you Thank you
Parents and Children – for supporting Wig Wednesday and Wacky Hair day – we raised $81.50 for the Child Cancer Foundation
Matt Saunders – for donating the yummy sausages for the Lantern Festival
Simon Smith – for fixing the gate hinges
Taylah Dawson-Tait – for bringing in baby Ivey and bathing her for the children
Whaea Marie – for her visits each Monday and helping us all in our Te Reo Māori journey
The Vintage Museum, Blue Mountain Butchery and Wylies Garage – for hosting the Ngahere Explorers group and giving them an insight into what happens in our local community
Dates for your Calendar:
Tuesday 20, Wednesday 21 and Thursday 22 August: PJ and Movie Days
“The trouble with being a parent is that by the time you are experienced, you are unemployed!” Anon